David A. Zimmer, PMP, MS CS, ITIL, CCP
Strategic Adviser, Consultant, Author, Speaker
David A. Zimmer is a strategic adviser to some of the largest companies helping them understand market trends, competitive landscapes, internal business processes and proper project management methodologies. Over the years, companies have benefited from using his unique insights and abilities to simplify complex situations.
He has been a thought leader in the telecommunications and unified communications industries through his many published articles and industry presentations. His blog which defines project management terminology in detail is a favorite among project management professionals. He readily admits his desire to share his experience and knowledge with others, especially with the next generation of leaders as an adjunct professor at Pennsylvania State University.
His clients appreciate his sometimes unorthodox method of providing solutions to their stickiest problems. They see him as pioneering and entrepreneurial in his approach. His quick wit helps lighten tense situation so a clear resolution can be achieved.
- Pioneered first commercially-viable PC-based electronic mail software.
- Influential in the early days of EDI/e-commerce by spearheading development of PC-based EDI packages.
- Generated over 500 test scenarios for EDI/e-commerce automated certification system.
- Early innovator of unified communications systems and user-requirements through hundreds of articles, book contributions, consulting engagements, and industry conference presentations.
- Authored and championed user requirements for electronic calendaring which lead to iCal/vCal standard used today in every corporation.
- Promoter of proper project management methods for corporations through training, consulting, change management and implementation.
- Increase companies’ internal practice maturity levels through audits, research, road map strategies and change management.